Todo lists (ck)
1) Install the forum program.
2) Edit WE program so the controls can be toggled
3) Make WE to load the json file after program loads
4) Remove all files and folders from http://vb4.xp3.biz/tuk/
5) Change URI path for food photos to http://tuktuk.6te.net/tuk/img

Posted: Aug 03, 2024 3:54:28 am

Hey Crystal just some observations.
the software that I'm using to make your menu is made by a person named Jack Li he's from China guys are genius.

The version I'm using is the very old version from 2009 the reason I'm using it is because these days people use cell phones for most everything.

The old version is able to manipulate easy on a cell phone or tablet so that's why I chose that.

For an example of the new software that he uses check out the link that I'm going to give you for the El padrino food truck.

I apologize for the fact that these programs load slow the first time. my internet connection is very poor and it's almost intolerable. I hope it's not that bad when you look at it.  Its like going to the "next door" website it is also very slow because of the way they set up just saying.

The reason I wanted you to check out Nancy's website for her food truck was because it helps give you some perspective. It also uses the newest version of the software that I used for your menu. Not so good for cell phones.

https://tinyurl.com/crossui

If you click on her website in the lower left hand corner you'll see some light gray text that says last updated. if you click on that what will happen is it will show what her hard copy menus look like and this is how I tried to base this menu off of that.

There are many people that have food trucks and many of them use like Google and they store images there or Yelp.

Many of the photos are very high resolution. There are some programs that will help you lighten the file size by degrading the resolution but it won't be noticeable to your eyes this could save a lot on speed and load time. I was going to look into that for your site I haven't done it yet.

Also because this will probably be viewed on a cell phone the photo and the text is left justified. Many people have pictures of their food items but there's no correspondence with what's on the menu item I think that's not a good thing just saying.

Another thing for the El Padrino Food Trailer is the prices are all blank. Nancy the owner of the food truck lives down the street from me and I used to buy I still do now and then some of her food.

The last time I went to get a hard copy of the menu she didn't even print prices on it I felt kind of bad.

Since 2019 when this whole lockdown thing happened the economy has become very dynamic prices are changing everywhere my food bill at the market went up like 200 bucks it seems.

Like on Nancy's menu it might be a good idea to put the payment accepted like hers to show what you accept for payment and maybe you want to put a few pictures of your rig that aren't directly related to the food items that you sell like people eating food or happy smiling customers or something.

Also on the upper right hand corner you'll see a little "I" for information and then next to it is something that's supposed to look like a menu. it's actually whiteboards they come in pretty handy they're easy to do and you can write them up real quick and upload them to your site.

The only people I noticed that have their prices current or people like they use a point of sale system and you probably have one too and they probably offer you a website much better than I'm offering you. But I'm happy to offer it if you think you could benefit from it.

There's a man named Alan Young his trailer is at "farm to familia" off the16. His food truck is called a taste of the Philippines. texaslumpia.com

Before I realize that his website was done through the point of sale system that he uses which is Clover, I sent him an email commanding him for the nice pictures on the way his website was laid out.

I wonder if he didn't do what I did which was just grab a nice bunch of pictures off the internet I'll give him the benefit of the doubt I shouldn't say that.

I mean all of the pictures that I got they showed the food in a good setting on a dish with tables chopsticks next to it a little garnish the people made an effort to make it look pretty.  And it's like the grains of sand on the beach there's so many pictures on the internet was like the ones that I put on yours for display purposes only to give you an idea of what it could look like.

I think if you have your own photos that's better. Especially if you can have a few words that you say about your food item and it corresponds to the picture for your menu I think that excellent.

What do I know I don't even run a food truck and I don't even have a job I mean I'm retired so I don't have to go to work but making these menus seems to be like something I enjoy doing and I'd like my son to learn.

I'm thinking about getting a different server for you than the one I have currently.

And I thought it was clever putting a link to the "nextdoor" website. Of course when I go there I'm already logged in but for anybody who's not logged in they're going to be asked to register that's going to be kind of a pain in the rear end. Not so convenient.

The one that I put yours on is starting to show a little logo of their website on the very bottom of the right hand corner but it interferes with the menu data, the whole bottom of the screen is useless for about you know a 1/8" of an inch. which is a lot when you want to look at this thing on a cell phone or an iPad. I'll keep you posted.

That's all for now.

Posted: Sep 17, 2024 12:38:14 am
cgetty

Hi

Here is a web page that might make it easier to upload your food item photos. No login required.

Its here    hotchick.atwebpages.com/sandbox/crg_photos1_list.php?a=return

There is one photo loaded as an example.

1) In the upper left area of the screen there is a button called "Add new" select that.

2) A place to add a new record will appear. There will be a input field That says "Comment" enter the name of the food item there.

3) Then Select the button that says "Add files". A box will open allowing you to select a photo from your computer. When you selected the photo you want a picture of it will be displayed. A button will appear that says "Upload", click it. A indicator will appear showing the progress of the upload, make sure the file it uploaded all the way. At the lower corner will be a button called save. Click it.

Give a few moments when the file has been successfully saved a message will appear at the top of the window indicating that the record was saved. When you are done adding records the will be a button that says "Back to list" when you are finished.

Then at your connivance On your webpage    tiny.cc/tuk1  In the blue colored text that says "Crystal's Place" click on the text. That will take you to your forum project page. Go to the bottom of the page and there you will find an area to post a comment.

Then for each menu item you could ad a few words about each food item. You know some Bla Bla words that will inspire others to try it.

Also if you add a list of the location of the places your food truck I will add the list so when the button on your page is clicked "Locations we will be at"  will display them.

Any help you need in doing this just ask
Clark

Quick Reply
User Name: