Forum consepet
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Jul 20, 2024 2:11:13 am
cgetty

Hi Adam my name is Clark I'm a retired electrical test technician that got involved with some software programming in my time I'm retired now.

I guess I'm what you would refer to as a citizen developer. Only part of my job involves software which management wasn't really that fond of but they recognize that it fill the need and so they allowed me to proceed.

I love programming why I don't know but it's something that I seem to enjoy even though I'm retired and I don't have a need for it now. But I have a 20 year old son and I would like to probably share my experience with him and hopefully get him involved in software development. Although it really never got good at it myself.

For a while I program with Delphi and I enjoyed it very much until version 7 then it went down the dumper I became disillusioned with developing for a particular platform like Windows or Linux and it seemed like the internet was the place to go if one was going to do that.

Although I came to realize that developing applications for the internet is not like working with Delphi there's a lot of differences. I came across some software developed by a person named Jack Lee and it's called cross UI.
https://www.crossui.com/RAD/

It seems to be a little like Delphi but of course it's you need like PHP to get the work done on the server like making things persistent reading and writing files online it seems that you need PHP to facilitate that.

Anyway enough of that. I just wanted to thank you very much for your your work you did a lot of hard work I remember your videos I followed you a couple of years ago in your teaching skills are awesome and I hope that all that work you put into software development paid off I hope you made some money out of it or became better off somehow in this dog eat dog world.

Are you still doing PHP programming and if I had a small project could I hire you to assist me in doing it?

If the price was right and the results were good I have many things that I would like to get assistance with. But one step at a time.

Anyway I lost your information a couple years ago I you seem to go off the map. And I was looking over some old stuff and I ran across it again.

Anyway some of the work that I would want to do has to do with using PHP to work in conjunction with javascript through this program called cross UI.

Anyway Adam I hope you're having a beautiful now and I hope your life is prosperous.

Clark

Quick Reply
User Name: